Registration under GST:
In any tax system, registration is the most fundamental requirement for identification of tax payers ensuring compliance. Registration of any business entity under the GST Law implies obtaining a unique number from the concerned tax authorities for the purpose of charging and collecting tax on behalf of the government, to avail Input Tax Credit for the taxes on his inward supplies and to pay the net taxes due to the exchequer. Registration also entitles benefits of tax refunds to exporters.
Liability to register:
GST being a tax on “supply”, every supplier of goods or services would need to get themselves registered under the GST law. Small businesses having all India aggregate turnover below INR 20 lakh (10 lakh if business is in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, J&K, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Manipur, Mizoram, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Nagaland or Tripura) need not register, though they may voluntarily opt to register. The aggregate turnover includes supplies made by him on behalf of his principals, but excludes the value of job-worked goods if he is a job worker. But persons who are engaged exclusively in the business of supplying goods or services or both that are not liable to tax or wholly exempt from tax or an agriculturist, to the extent of supply of produce out of cultivation of land are not liable to register under GST.
Nature of registration:
The registration in GST is PAN based and State specific. Supplier has to register in each of such State or Union territory from where he effects taxable supplies. In GST registration, the supplier is allotted a 15-digit GST identification number called “GSTIN”, and a certificate of registration incorporating therein this GSTIN is made available to the applicant on the GSTN common portal. The first 2 digits of the GSTIN is the State code, next 10 digits are the PAN of the legal entity, the next two digits are for entity code, and the last digit is check sum number. For eg. A dealer in Karnataka having PAN Number AAAIC1234Z, may be given a GST number as 29AAAIC1234Z1ZS. Registration under GST is single registration for all the taxes i.e. CGST, SGST/UTGST, IGST and cesses, linked to a particular State.
A business entity having separate business verticals in a state may obtain separate registration for each of its business verticals. The GST law enlists certain categories of suppliers who are required to get compulsory registration irrespective of their turnover that is to say, the threshold exemption of 20 lakh is not available to them. Some of such suppliers who need to register compulsorily irrespective of the size of their turnover are:
- Inter-state suppliers
- A person receiving supplies on which tax is payable by recipient on reverse charge basis
- Casual taxable person who is not having fixed place of business in the State or Union Territory from where he wants to make supply
- Non-resident taxable persons who are not having fixed place of business in India
- A person who supplies on behalf of some other taxable person (i.e. an Agent of some Principal)
- E-commerce operators, who provide platform to the suppliers to supply through it
- Suppliers who supply through an e-commerce operator
- Those ecommerce operators who are notified as liable for GST payment under Section 9(5)
- TDS Deductor
- Those supplying online information and data base access or retrieval services from outside India to a non-registered person in India.
Assistance in obtaining GST Registration:
We can help you in obtaining your GST registration in any State. We will need the following information:
- Business details
- Details of stake-holders (owners/ directors)
- Details of authorized signatory
- Details of principal and other place of business
- Details of supplies to be made under GST
- Bank account details
Need Registration under GST?
Please provided us the information in the appended format and we shall be glad to assist you in obtaining registration under GST in any State in India. Please click the link to get format in which the information is needed
Our fee for assistance in obtaining registration would be INR 6,000/- and you may get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance on obtaining GST registration and for payment link or call us for any clarification. We assure you the best of our services.